Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Aloe Vera Gel... One of Nature's Best Skin Healers

Hey Everyone,

If you are like me, your mother had the infamous Aloe Vera Plant sitting somewhere in the house. As soon as I got a burn or a "boo-boo", first thing my mother did was cut one open one of the leaves and apply the gel inside. I generally liked this method as opposed to the alcohol that burned like crazy! The Aloe Gel felt cool and soothing. My mother would make sure everyday for about a week she would put the gel on that spot, and in a relatively short period of time, the area was healed. No stinging & no medicinal smell. It wasn't until I got older that I realized why it worked the way it did.

Aloe Vera Gel (or Juice) has inflammation and/or swelling reduction properties which would explain why it works so well on burns; and is a great topical application for skin with chronic skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis as it is soothing and helps to eliminate itchiness.

The Body Patisserie uses Organic Aloe Juice in many of its products including our Body Creme! Check it out at www.thebodypatisserie.com/bodycreme.html

So as always... Mother knew best!

With Sweet Goodness
Shermaine

No comments:

Post a Comment